It is our privilege to share your child’s journey in faith. This journey includes the various stages of initiation into the full life of the Church. This, of course, involves us in helping to prepare the children for the Sacraments of Confirmation, Reconciliation and Eucharist.
This preparation is offered in certain classes but it must be remembered that coming to understand and appreciate the Sacraments properly is the work of a lifetime. So, with this in mind, it must be seen that our presentation of the Sacraments takes place from Kindergarten to Year 6. Our actual programs of preparation are set out below:
· If you are interested in having your child/children baptised in the Catholic faith, please contact the presbytery – 6583 1024
· When enrolling a child into the school it is essential that we have a copy of their Baptismal Certificate on record.
CONFIRMATION - YEAR 2:
· The Parish Community will issue an invitation to your child to continue their initiation into the Church through the Sacrament of Confirmation.
· The candidates will commence preparation for their Confirmation which will be celebrated at St. Agnes’ Church on Wednesday, 1 August 2012.
RECONCILIATION - YEAR 3:
· There will be a detailed instruction in both the concept and the Sacrament of Reconciliation, leading to the celebration of the Sacrament.
. In 2012 this will take place on 21st March.
EUCHARIST - YEAR 3:
· Students will be given a comprehensive preparation for the Sacrament of the Eucharist. Eucharist is the final Sacrament of Initiation. In 2012, our students will be celebrating the Sacrament of the Eucharist on Sunday, June 24th.